[ Back to BID News ]
November 13, 2018
9th Annual “Ring in the New Year at Noon” at New Roc City:
Westchester’s Only Daytime New Year’s Event for Kids Includes Balloon Drop, Giveaways, Activities, and More
WESTCHESTER/November 13, 2018 — There’s no need for kids to stay up until midnight as New Roc City rings in the New Year early with a Times Square-inspired countdown to noon featuring a thrilling release of 3,000 festive, brightly-colored balloons. Revelers will gather in the atrium of New Roc City for the 9th Annual Ring in the New Year at Noon on Monday, December 31 from 10:30a.m. to 12:30p.m.
Pre-registration for the 2018 Ring in the New Year at Noon event is required. Families can register online and download their entry pass at https://2018rinyatnoon.eventbrite.com
The event is a fun-filled way for families with children ages 2-10 to experience the excitement of ringing in the New Year complete with face painting, arts and crafts, kiddy rides, clowns, wheel of chance, board breaking challenge, games, snacks, culminating with an exciting countdown as the clock strikes noon.
This year, the event will support the New Rochelle Public Library through a $10 donation per family of four. Chartered in 1894, the Library is a community resource that seeks to improve the life of every citizen in New Rochelle. It is dedicated to encouraging learning in all stages of life, to protecting intellectual freedom, and to providing fair and equal access to information. The Library offers a wide range of community services and programs tailored to a diverse audience and the 79,000 residents of New Rochelle.
The Ring in the New Year at Noon is held in association with the New Rochelle BID Family Day event series plus participating tenants and community partners including Applebee’s, Barnes & Noble, Buffalo Wild Wings, Cognitive Behavioral Consultants, Creative Designs, Digital Arts Experience, FunFuzion, Macaroni Kid Bronxville-New Rochelle, Modell’s, Monroe College, New Rochelle Library Foundation, New Rochelle Parks and Recreation, New Rochelle Fire Department, The New York Rangers, Planet Fitness, Premier Martial Arts, Regal Cinemas, Residence Inn Marriott, Sky Zone, Soccer Super Stars, Summit Security, Texas Roadhouse, Westchester Children’s Museum, Westchester Family, and Westchester Parent.
An exciting holiday event for young families in the community, Ring in the New Year at Noon has become an annual tradition at New Roc City. New Roc City is located at 33 Le Count Place in downtown New Rochelle. For more information, please visit www.newrochelledowntown.com.
Families receive a free draw string backpack filled with gifts such as a FunFuzion ride card, juice and snacks, free meal vouchers, coupons from Modell’s, and more.
Activity List (in formation):
- New Rochelle BID: Make your New Year’s hornblower and get ready to make some noise for the countdown and balloon drop.
- Applebee's: Wheel of Fortune & sample delicious snacks
- Creative Facepainting and Balloon Twisting
- Digital Arts Experience: 3-D printer and Minecraft demonstration
- FunFuzion: Look in your backpack for your FUZE card that gives you free rides on the Carousel, Bumper Cars, Helicopter, Mini Whip, Frog Hopper, Kidz Zone, Maxflight rides.
- New Rochelle Fire Department: Climb on to a real fire truck and learn what it takes to fight fires from New Rochelle’s Bravest!
- New Rochelle Parks and Recreation: Get your face painted by the talented artists of New Rochelle Parks and Recreation.
- Premier Martial Arts: Spin the Prize Wheel & take the Board Breaker Challenge.
- Monroe College: Meet the Monroe Mustang Mascot and score tickets to a Monroe Mustang basketball game.
- Planet Fitness: Fun and Fitness tips
- Soccer Super Stars: Come Kick & Play, meet the coaches, and learn about the soccer program in Westchester Children’s Museum
- Texas Roadhouse: Sample their delicious pulled pork sliders!Strawberry Fields room.
About New Roc City
New Roc City is a 450,000-square-foot entertainment/residential/retail complex located in the heart of downtown New Rochelle. A family destination, New Roc City features such tenants as FunFuzion Games and Rides, Monroe College, Modell’s Sporting Goods, Buffalo Wild Wings, Applebee’s, Premier Martial Arts, Planet Fitness, Gamestop, Sky Zone Trampoline Park, and Regal IMAX Theater. New Roc City has served for many years as an active partner in the New Rochelle business community and a member of the New Rochelle Business Improvement District.
About the New Rochelle Library Foundation
The New Rochelle Public Library Foundation is a volunteer fundraising and advocacy organization working to ensure the future well-being of the New Rochelle Library. Established in 1993, the NRPL Foundation has raised more than $3 million for the New Rochelle Public Library. Chartered in 1894, the Library is a community resource that seeks to improve the life of every citizen in the city. It is dedicated to encouraging learning in all stages of life, to protecting intellectual freedom, and to providing fair and equal access to information and offers a wide range of community services and programs tailored to a diverse audience and the 79,000 residents of New Rochelle.